We will unpack BSAs in the following situations:
- The BSA was packed in the Classic Skyrim Creation Kit and will crash the game if we attempt to load it.
- The BSA is connected to an empty plugin and we will use the loose files to save a plugin slot.
Through Mod Organizer 2
- In MO2’s right pane, switch to the Archives tab (picture).
- Right-click the BSA you want to extract and select Extract (picture).
- Point it at the folder of the mod to which the BSA belongs (picture).
- Finally delete the BSA from the mod folder.
With Bethesda Archive Extractor