- Delete all existing SSELODGen, TexGen or DynDOLOD [Output] files from MO2.
- Activate the SSE-Terrain-Tamriel ESM and place it below the main ESMs.
- Launch SSELODGen through Mod Organizer 2.
Select Terrain LOD for all worldspaces.
Now when it comes to the specific settings, I have to admit I have literally no idea. Fortunately, DarkLadyLexy’s LOTD STEP guide includes instructions so I would recommend for everyone to head over to her guide, jump to the xLODGen section and use her recommended settings. This is the relevant part.
Once you have configured everything, hit GENERATE. This will take some time (54 minutes for me) and I recommend you step away from your computer in the meantime.
THE GENERATED FILES
- Close xLODGen once the following message is returned:
LOD Generator: finished (you can close this application now).
- Back in Mod Organizer 2, double-click your Overwrite and delete everything inside except for the meshes and textures folders.
CREATE THE OUTPUT MOD
- Right-click your Overwrite and select Create Mod.
- Name your new mod SSELODGen [Output] (or similar).
- Place SSELODGen [Output] below the DISTANT TERRAIN separator and activate it.
Disable the SSE-Terrain-Tamriel ESM. It is only needed for the LOD generation process.