20.1b.1 DynDOLOD - Ultra 3D Trees Tweaks (optional)
Only follow these instructions if you are:
- running Enhanced Vanilla Trees with billboards for 3D trees
- playing on a PC capable enough to run DynDOLOD on high (at least 4GB VRAM, SSD strongly recommended)
You aren't? Skip this section and continue with RUNNING TEXGEN.
Still here? Okay then. This is how you can tweak DynDOLOD so that it generates 3D LOD:
- Navigate to
Your Modding Folder\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cacheand delete everything inside that folder.
- Return to your
Edit Scripts\DynDOLODfolder and find your DynDOLOD_SSE.ini file. Edit the following line:
- Save and close the file.
This currently only works in conjunction with EVT and some parts of Enhanced Landscapes, since those two are the only mods coming with specifically modified billboards.
20.1b.2 Running TexGen
- Launch TexGen x64 through Mod Organizer 2.
- Once the RTFM window comes up, wait until you can click OK.
- Configure the options:
- LOD Texture Size: 512 <— keep at the default 256 if you have less than 4GB of VRAM
- Diffuse Alpha: BC3 (DXT5)
- Hit Start and wait for TexGen to finish.
- Navigate to
Your Modding Folder\Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output.
- Create a new folder inside and name it TexGen [Output].
- Move (don't copy) the textures folder inside the new folder.
- Finally move the TexGen [Output] folder to
Mod Organizer 2\mods.
- Refresh MO2 and activate TexGen [Output] in your mod order (left pane).
20.1b.3 Running DynDOLOD
- Launch DynDOLOD x64 through Mod Organizer 2.
- A window will come up, click Advanced - picture.
- Select all worldspaces in the list on the top left (right-click > select all).
- Proceed with one of the options below:
20.1b.4 DynDOLOD Output
- You can find the output files here:
Your Modding Folder\Tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD Output
- That folder contains two plugins and three folders, all of which you need.
- Zip them all up and add them as a mod to MO2.
- Tip: Add some basic information to the output mod name, eg: 'DynDOLOD - VISUALS [Output] (EVT)'.
- Place the mod in the DISTANT TERRAIN section and activate it.
- Leave DynDOLOD.esp at the bottom of your load order.
- Move DynDOLOD.esm up to your other ESMs and place it last there.
IF YOU ARE RUNNING LIGHTWEIGHT GRASS OVERHAUL
Disable Lightweight Grass Overhaul - Terrain LOD Textures in your mod order.