STEP 5 - SKYRIM SCRIPT EXTENDER
- Download SKSE64. You need build 2.0.17 for the current version of The Phoenix Flavour.
- Save the downloaded archive to
Your Modding Folder\ARCHIVE\SKSE64.
If on the main page for SKSE there is a different version number than the one noted above, Skyrim and the Script Extender were likely updated and you need to download the previous version from the archive page here.
5.2 INSTALLATION - BINARIES
- Extract the archive’s contents to
Your Modding Folder\temp.
- Move the following three files into your Skyrim SE root folder:
- skse64_skyrim version number.dll
5.3 INSTALLATION - SCRIPTS
- Go back to your temp folder with the remaining files.
- Rename the Data folder to SKSE – Data 2.0.x (where x is the current version number).
- Move the new folder to
Mod Organizer 2\mods.
- Switch back to Mod Organizer 2.
- Press F5 to refresh and the new mod will show up at the bottom of your mod order.
- Move it up below the ESSENTIAL MODS separator and activate it.
- Delete all remaining files inside your temp folder.
5.4 SKSE INI
- Download SKSE64 INI PRE DOWNLOAD v1.2 from the Nexus (click “Mod Manager Download”).
- Back to Mod Organizer 2, switch to the Downloads tab.
- Double-click the mod there and click OK to install it.
- Move it up in the mod order until it is below SKSE64 – Data and activate it.
Note: This will be the only time downloading and installing a mod through MO2 is explained. You will be expected to do this on your own from now on.
5.5 SKSE LAUNCHER
- Restart Mod Organizer 2.
- The SKSE Launcher executable will now be automatically added to the executables list in MO2.
- Select SKSE in the list and click Run.
Note: At this point (and when testing later on) you’ll need the guide open on a secondary monitor or alternatively your phone or tablet in order to avoid having to tab out.
5.6 VERIFY INSTALLATION
- Once you are in the Skyrim SE main menu, bring up the console by pressing the tilde key on your keyboard (above TAB, next to 1).
- Type in getskseversion and hit Enter. It should return the version number of your SKSE64 installation.
- After confirming that SKSE64 was installed correctly, type qqq in the console and hit Enter to quickly close the game.