ENBSERIES - MORE PRESETS
The beauty of ENB is that you can change, customise and remove presets literally anytime. If you do not like the guide’s default preset, Visceral ENB, you easily switch to a different one. There are some recommendations as well as instructions here on this page.
STUFF TO KEEP IN MIND
- Always make sure you’re running the latest version of ENBSeries so that you can use any preset.
- The preset must be compatible with the guide’s weather overhaul, Obsidian Weathers. Some presets are made for one weather overhaul in particular while others have different versions for different weather overhauls Fortunately, Obsidian Weathers is among the most popular and most presets are compatible or even made for it specifically.
- ENB presets vary in performance cost and Visceral ENB is one of the lighter presets. If you experience a harsher FPS loss with a new preset, consider toning it down by disabling some of its features.
Always disable shader cache before switching presets. If you had it enabled previously, delete the enbcache folder from your root folder and change the following setting in your Global INI Configuration in ENB Man:
SWITCHING BETWEEN PRESETS
You can add new presets the same way we added Visceral ENB in Finalisation, Step 2. I strongly recommend you stick to some sort of naming scheme (doesn’t have to be mine of course) so that you can easily tell your presets apart.
Always click No when asked to add palettes.
You can have as many presets as you like and switch between them at will.
ENB Man also has an option to store DoF presets like the binaries and switch them independently. This is not covered here since you’re not required to use it, however it can be quite convenient so I do encourage you to use it, especially if you switch a lot between presets and different DoF effects.
- To get started, open ENB Man.
- Uninstall your current preset by clicking the red icon ∅ in ENB Man (next to the green checkmark that deployed the files).
- Choose one of the presets recommended below and download the correct files.
- Unpack the new preset’s files to
Your Modding Folder\tempfirst.
- In ENB Man, create a new profile and give it a memorable name.
- Drag the extracted files from your temp folder into ENB Man.
- Be sure to select and acivate the latest ENB binaries.
- Click the green checkmark to install.
- Theme: fantasy & realism hybrid
- Notes: also available for LE, an old and prestigious preset
- Weather: Obsidian Weathers preset available