8.4 Conflict Resolution
At this point you would normally go through your load order in xEdit yourself, searching for errors and conflicts. Fortunately, I have already done that and determined which conflicts need fixing - you can find the instructions below. None of the plugins have errors. Please note that most of the conflicts are fairly insignificant, this section is mostly made as a matter of principle. Don't worry about sacrificing plugin slots (for now it is just one) because patches will be merged together and integrated into a single master patch eventually.
- Download and install the Conflict Resolution Patch for the Core.
- Place it at the very bottom of both your load and mod order.
8.5 Fixes Merge
To cut back on our plugin count a bit and make room for more mods, we are going to merge all ESP-only fix-type mods together. They are conveniently grouped together in our load order already. The resulting merged plugin will be used to load Fixes_Merged.bsa (from Fix Merge BSA).
8.6 First Launch
Obviously we need to launch the game through Mod Organizer 2 and SKSE64. Select SKSE64 in the executables drop-down and hit run.
- We already verified that SKSE64 is working correctly in Step 3. If the game launches just fine and the main menu comes up, you're golden.
- If you installed No More Creation Club News, there should be no CC news window in the main menu.
Start a new game (for testing purposes). After selecting NEW in the main menu, a loading screen will come up and afterwards you will find yourself in the AS LAL cell.
- After creating your character, you can check your inventory (SkyUI).
- When you're ready, talk to the statue of Mara and select any of the alternate start options. For now, I would recommend 'camping in the woods'.
- Once you've made your choice, retreat to your bed in the dark corner of the room to sleep. After another loading screen you'll be teleported into the world of Skyrim.
- Spend at least 10 minutes in game.
- Is you performance as expected? You should have stable 60FPS on all but the most low-end systems.
- Does turning the camera feel smooth? No screentearing? Are you experiencing motion sickness?
Congratulations - you are done!
The Phoenix Flavour - Core is now correctly set up and ready to be thoroughly modded.