As mentioned in GETTING STARTED, we are going to use Separators to keep our mod order clean.
- Download the CORE – MO2 Separators from the guide’s mod page.
- Open the archive and the folder inside.
- Move all folders ending on _separator to
Mod Organizer 2\mods.
- Refresh (F5) Mod Organizer 2.
- DLC: Dawnguard
- DLC: HearthFires
- DLC: Dragonborn
- ESSENTIAL MODS
- LATE LOADER
This step is optional.
By default the Categories displayed in one of the columns in the left pane are those from the Nexus. For the purposes of this guide, I have created custom Categories to display which module a mod belongs to. Whether you want to add them is your choice. I find them very helpful personally.
- Download the Custom Categories for MO2 from the guide’s mod page.
- Open the archive and move categories.dat into MO2’s root folder (the one that also contains ModOrganizer.exe).
To make the new categories show up in MO2, you will need to restart it. Then you can apply them by right-clicking a mod and selecting Change Categories. Select multiple mods and right-click to batch-apply.