STEP 5 - CUSTOMIZATION
5.1 USER INTERFACE
You can now configure the UI to your liking. I always drag the log at the bottom all the way down to hide it, then re-arrange the proportions of the two panels. By right-clicking the top of the left pane, you can choose what to display in your mod order: select Flags, Content, Category, Source Game, Version, Priority and Notes.
See my setup below (click for full resolution).
As mentioned in GETTING STARTED, we are going to use Separators to keep our mod order clean.
- Download the CORE – MO2 Separators from the guide’s mod page.
- Open the archive and the folder inside.
- Move all folders ending on _separator to
Mod Organizer 2\mods.
- Refresh (F5) Mod Organizer 2.
- DLC: Dawnguard
- DLC: HearthFires
- DLC: Dragonborn
- 01 ESSENTIAL MODS
- 03 FIXES
- 31 LATE LOADER
- 32 CONFLICT RESOLUTION
- 33 PATCHER OUTPUT
- Download the Custom Categories for MO2 from the guide’s mod page.
- Open the archive and move categories.dat into MO2’s root folder (the one that also contains ModOrganizer.exe).
To make the new categories show up in MO2, you will need to restart it. Then you can apply them by right-clicking a mod and selecting Change Categories. Select multiple mods and right-click to batch-apply.
Here’s another GamerPoets tutorial, covering more customization options in the second half: