Latest Skyrim SE update
Because of the Creation Club, Skyrim SE unfortunately still gets updated which breaks SKSE64 and all dependant plugins every time. I am happy to announce that since the update to Skyrim SE 1.5.50 pretty much all mods featured in the guide were updated and I was able to move on and support SKSE 2.0.8 now. In case you installed the CORE already, I have added instructions on how to update your game and mods.
Updating the CORE
- First up you need the new 1.5.50 executables for Skyrim SE. Find the game in your Steam library, right-click it and select Properties. Switch to the Local Files tab and click "Verify integrity of game files". This will replace your old executables with the new ones. I also recommend adding a new folder -
Your Modding Folder\Backups\Skyrim SE 126.96.36.199- and move the new executables in there. This way you can revert back to that version anytime should another update be released.
- Next we'll update SKSE64. Delete the following file from your root folder:
- Download the latest version of SKSE64 - 2.0.8 - here and extract the file somewhere. Move the following three files into your root folder and overwrite when prompted:
- Delete the remains of your extracted SKSE64 folder except for the DATA folder. Right-click the Data folder, select Add to archive and rename it to something like SKSE64 - Data 2.0.8. Install the archive in MO2 as a mod and replace your old SKSE64 Data folder from the list.
- Now all you need to do is replace your remaining mods with the updated versions. Here are all CORE mods that required (and got) an update:
A word on the Gameplay section
I'll put it in "open alpha" before the end of the month, probably next week already. I completed it way faster than I thought I would and now all that remains is extensive ingame testing (which I'm about to do as well). Yay!