Launch Skyrim Performance Monitor now. Then launch the game.
Spend at least 10 minutes in Skyrim to see if you like the visual changes you made so far.
- To get started quickly, you can either
- select NEW in the main menu and create a character in the AS LAL cell,
- or open the console and type
coc riverwoodto immediately create a test character in everyone's favorite village.
- Walk around, check the interiors. How do you like the lighting? Is it too bright or too dark?
- Do you like the weathers? Wait a few hours so that it changes and see if you like sunny weathers as much as overcast ones!
- Are foggy weathers impacting your frame rate? (This should only happen on low-end machines if at all.)
- How dark is it outside at night? Again, is it too bright or too dark?
tmm 1in the console to unlock all map markers and travel around Skyrim! Some locations worth checking out can be:
- Whiterun valley
- Sea of Ghosts, the shore and the cities of Dawnstar and Winterhold
- Morthal and the surrounding swamp
- the Rift - run along the road from Ivarstead to Riften
- If you installed an ENB...
- How many frames are you losing? Can you perhaps turn off some features to improve performance?
- Do you like the aesthetics? In interiors? Outside? At night?
If you are unhappy with any of those aspects - now is the time to adjust, troubleshoot, change your ENB or switch to the other weather / lighting overhaul option!
SKYRIM PERFORMANCE MONITOR
After closing out of Skyrim, check your AVERAGE and MAXIMUM use of VRAM in the Skyrim Performance Monitor. Note the values down or take a screenshot. You will need them later on to compare.