This section will be filled in once the next version of Mod Organizer 2 - v2.1.6 - is released which includes a seperator framework.
Empty mod folders that MO2 displays greyed out and with cursive font were previously used as dividers.
8.4 Conflict Resolution
At this point you would normally go through your load order in xEdit yourself, searching for errors and conflicts. Fortunately, I have already done that and determined which conflicts need fixing - you can find the instructions below. None of the plugins have errors. Please note that most of the conflicts are fairly insignificant, this section is mostly made as a matter of principle. Don't worry about sacrificing plugin slots (for now it is just one) because patches will be merged together and integrated into a single master patch eventually.
- Download and install the Conflict Resolution Patch for the Core.
- Place it at the very bottom of both your load and mod order.
8.5 Merging your fix mods
To cut back on our plugin count a bit and make room for more mods, we are going to merge all ESP-only fix-type mods together. They are conveniently grouped together in our load order already. Depending on which mods from Step 7 you installed or skipped, you are going to want to merge any of the following plugins together:
- Move it Dammit - Less Wait Time and Follow Me Closer.esp
- No More Standing Too Close SSE 1-0.esp
- NARC SE for Vanilla.esp
- Raven Rock - Fix Exit on Horseback.esp
- dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged.esp
- Dawnguard Dont Hunt Cured Vampires.esp
- Random Encounter Tweaks
The merged plugin we will eventually have will be used to load Fixes_Merged.bsa (from Fix Merge BSA).
8.6 First Launch
Obviously we need to launch the game through Mod Organizer 2 and SKSE64. Select SKSE64 in the executables drop-down and hit run.
- We already verified that SKSE64 is working correctly in Step 3. If the game launches just fine and the main menu comes up, you're golden.
- If you installed No More Creation Club News, there should be no CC news window in the main menu.
Start a new game (for testing purposes). After selecting NEW in the main menu, a loading screen will come up and afterwards you will find yourself in the AS LAL cell.
- After creating your character, you can check your inventory (SkyUI).
- When you're ready, talk to the statue of Mara and select any of the alternate start options. For now, I would recommend 'camping in the woods'.
- Once you've made your choice, retreat to your bed in the dark corner of the room to sleep. After another loading screen you'll be teleported into the world of Skyrim.
- Spend at least 10 minutes in game.
- Is you performance as expected? You should have stable 60FPS on all but the most low-end systems.
- Does turning the camera feel smooth? No screentearing? Are you experiencing motion sickness?
Congratulations - you are done!
The Phoenix Flavour - Core is now correctly set up and ready to be thoroughly modded.