At this point you would normally go through your load order in xEdit yourself, searching for errors and conflicts. Fortunately, I have already done that and determined which conflicts need fixing - you can find the instructions below. None of the plugins have errors. Please note that most of the conflicts are fairly insignificant, this section is mostly made as a matter of principle. Don't worry about sacrificing plugin slots (for now it is just one) because patches will be merged together and integrated into a single master patch eventually.
- Download and install the Conflict Resolution Patch for the Core.
- Place it at the very bottom of both your load and mod order.
Merge - Fix Mods
To cut back on our plugin count a bit and make room for more mods, we are going to merge all ESP-only fix-type mods together. They are conveniently grouped together in our load order already. Depending on which mods from Step 7 you installed or skipped, you are going to want to merge any of the following plugins together:
The merged plugin we will eventually have will be used to load Fixes_Merged.bsa (from Fix Merge BSA).
First Launch and MCM Configuration
Again what the next step depends on the mods you installed. Ideally you should keep this window open (on your second monitor, phone, tablet, whatever) and go through the list below, checking your mods as you go. Good luck!
Obviously we need to launch the game through Mod Organizer 2 and SKSE 64. Select SKSE64 in the executables drop-down and hit run.
- We already verified that SKSE64 is working correctly in Step 3. If the game launches just fine and the main menu comes up, you're golden.
- If you installed No More Creation Club News, there should be no CC news window in the main menu.
A NEW GAME
Start a new game (for testing purposes). After selecting NEW in the main menu, a loading screen will come up and afterwards you will find yourself in the AS LAL cell.
- After creating your character, you can check your inventory (SkyUI).
- When you're ready, talk to the statue of Mara and select any of the alternate start options. For now, I would recommend 'camping in the woods'.
- Once you've made your choice, retreat to your bed in the dark corner of the room to sleep. After another loading screen you'll be teleported into the world of Skyrim.
MOD CONFIGURATION MENU
When the world has been loaded up around you, hit escape and select MOD CONFIGURATION. Several MCMs should appear in the list, depending on the mods you installed:
- GIST Soul Trap
- Run For Your Lives
- SKY UI
Taking the time to configure everything to your liking now would a waste, because you will have to re-do your configs once you start an actual playthrough. There is however something you should to keep in mind:
- If you installed SkyUI Away, open the SKY UI MCM and navigate to the 'Advanced' tab. For every SkyUI Away module you installed, uncheck the respective menu under 'SWF Version Checking' to prevent error messages.
At this point you probably verified that your game launches and runs without issues so you can now safely assume that your Core installation is up and running just fine. Close the game or, optionally, go ahead and test your performance / stability. Crashes are extremely unlikely at this point and your performance should be unchanged compared to Vanilla (or even slightly improved).
Congratulations, you are done!
The Phoenix Flavour - Core is now correctly set up and ready to be thoroughly modded.