This is the first part of The Phoenix Flavour.
Its purpose is to guide you through the process of building of a stable modding foundation that ensures your game is set up correctly, you are equipped with all necessary tools and the essential / fix-type mods are installed. Overall it provides you with an improved Vanilla+ version of Skyrim SE. Every modded game should have a Core installation as base line and it is mandatory for any other parts of The Phoenix Flavour. Please follow all instructions carefully.
During the Core installation procedure we are going to:
- Install Skyrim SE and the Creation Kit, and tweak the INI files for both.
- Set up Mod Organizer 2 for Skyrim SE with SKSE64.
- Clean your master files with SSEEdit.
- Create your own modding folder with all important modding tools plus an archive for downloaded mods and more.
- Install a number of essential mods that drastically improve QoL and provide important fixes and/or frameworks.
- And finally wrap everything up with load order, a conflict resolution patch and first launch instructions.
- Skyrim Special Edition from Steam (updated to the latest version)
- a legit Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 installation (64bit)
- editing software such as Notepad (pre-installed) or Notepad++ (recommended Freeware)
- an archiving tool like 7zip or WinRAR
- latest drivers for your GPU (NVIDIA or AMD)
Before we begin...
This will be quick, don't worry! Just remember the following :
- root folder:
Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition
- data folder:
Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition/Data
And that's it! You're good to go.